Newark YMCA to begin reopening on September 8, 2020
August 28, 2020
Dear Newark YMCA Members and Community,
We are excited to begin reopening the Newark YMCA's Membership and Program operations. We will do so in phases, beginning with the reopening of the Fitness Center for Cardio and Strength Training Workouts on Tuesday, September 8th.
Details related to the reopening of the Fitness Center include:
- Hours of operation will be Mondays - Fridays 7 am - 7 pm and Saturdays 9 am - 3 pm
- 25 % Capacity
- Members Only - No Guest Passes
- Workout reservations will be required. You may register for one hour workout slots up to 72 hours in advance. Call the Y @ 973-624-8900 Mondays-Fridays 7 am - 7 pm or Weekends/Holidays 9 am - 3 pm to make your reservations.
- Members may enter the YMCA 5 minutes prior to reserved workout slot
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Bring a refillable water bottle
- Temperature checks and Covid-19 Exposure Surveys are required upon entering the YMCA
- Equipment is spaced out to provide a minimum of 6 feet between exercisers
- Members must sanitize equipment when finished using each piece
- Locker rooms and all other amenities / areas will remain closed until further notice
We appreciate your patience as we begin the process to reopen our YMCA in phases to ensure that we are meeting or exceeding all guidance and regulations from the State of New Jersey, the CDC and the Department of Health. We will continuously monitor our progress, requirements from all state and local authorities and other impacts. As we reopen other amenities / areas we will communicate updates via our website and social media. See our detailed Reopening Plan here.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Y. Please stay safe and healthy!