Newark YMCA will temporarily close the Fitness Center & cancel Group Exercise Classes in compliance with Newark Mayor Baraka's Stay-At-Home Order for the period of Wednesday, November 25th through Friday, December 4th.
- Hours of operation will be Mondays - Fridays 7 am - 7 pm and Saturdays 9 am - 3 pm
- 25 % Capacity
- Members Only - No Guest Passes
- Workout reservations will be required. You may register for one hour workout slots up to 72 hours in advance. Please call the Y @ 973-624-8900 Mondays - Fridays 7 am - 7 pm or Weekends/Holidays 9 am - 3 pm to make your reservations.
- Members may enter the YMCA 5 minutes prior to reserved workout slot
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Bring a refillable water bottle
- Temperature checks and Covid-19 Exposure Surveys are required upon entering the YMCA
- Equipment is spaced out to provide a minimum of 6 feet between exercisers
- Members must sanitize equipment when finished using each piece
- Minimum age of 15 years
- Locker rooms and all other amenities / areas will remain closed until further notice
The YMCA is a powerful association of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster a sense of social responsibility. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. JOIN US!
HOURS OF OPERATION as of September 8, 2020
Fitness Center Only
Monday - Friday - 7 am - 7 pm
Saturday 9am - 3 pm
AMENITIES: closed until further notice
- WEIGHT ROOMS
- BASKETBALL COURT (not available during Phase One of Reopening)
- CARDIO EQUIPMENT
- RACQUETBALL COURTS (not available during Phase One of Reopening)
- SQUASH COURT (not available during Phase One of Reopening)
- SPINNING, FITNESS & AEROBIC CLASSES (not available during Phase One of Reopening)
- PUNCHING AND SPEED BAGS (Individual use only in Phase One of Reopening)
- CHILD WATCH CENTER : Monday - Friday 4:30 pm-8:00 pm (Not available in Phase One of Reopening)
- FITNESS ORIENTATIONS and ASSESSMENTS (by appointment only)
- LOCKER ROOMS & MEMBER LOUNGES (Not Available during Phase One of Reopening)
- STEAM ROOM (Not Available during Phase One of Reopening)
LOCKER ROOMS are available for membership use. In addition, lockers are also available to rent on an annual basis. (Not available during Phase One of Reopening)
CHILD WATCH service is provided for the children of members while the members are using our health and fitness facilities. (not available during Phase One of Reopening)
MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATIONS The YMCA will not take responsibility to cancel your bank draft. A 30-day notice is required prior to your next scheduled draft date (1st or 15th) to stop bank draft. It is the member’s responsibility to check monthly bank statements to ensure the cancellation has taken effect. No refund will be given for a bank draft that occurs during the 30-day cancellation period. Membership fees are non-refundable.
CODE OF CONDUCT: All members and participants must recognize that Newark YMCA is dedicated to the welfare of all. In order to maintain a consistent and cooperative environment, the Management of the YMCA requests that all members and participants using its facilities refrain from the use of foul language, abusive actions or inappropriate behavior and recognize that good sportsmanship, fair play and a cooperative attitude govern behavior at all times. Rules for participation in a program are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is understood that everyone will be treated as individuals and respect shown for reasonable differences in tastes, preferences, abilities, and range of behavior patterns. Respect others as well as the buildings, equipment and the natural environment. Refrain from smoking, possessing alcoholic beverages, firearms or other weapons and any illegal substances.
The YMCA reserves the right to dismiss someone from the organization whose conduct is not in the best interest of the YMCA, without refund. Failure to observe this code may result in the termination of privileges. The loaning of your membership card will result in termination of membership privileges.
SPORTS EQUIPMENT is provided to members and guests.
PARKING is available to members and guests at no cost. Parking is located in the rear of the building. Please sign in at the security desk upon entering the facility with your vehicle information as well as the spot number.
MEMBER’S GUEST PASSES are provided to members; up to three guest passes each year (certain memberships qualify). (Not available at this time)
Y-AWAY PROGRAM: The Newark YMCA participates in the Y-AWAY program that allows members coming from other branch YMCAs (50 miles away from Newark YMCA) to use the facilities 5 times per month at no cost. Visiting members must present their YMCA cards and phone numbers for membership status verification.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: The Newark YMCA financial assistance program is available to families and individuals who are unable to cover the full cost of membership or program fees. Made possible through the generosity of our donors, our financial assistance program helps ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the chance to learn, grow and thrive at the Y.
Members and program participants are advised to consult with their physicians prior to starting any physical activity or program.